Thursday, November 21, 2013

Needle Felting Anyone?

Holy Goodness Sauce Batman!


So I have discovered needle felting and I think I may be in love. My wonderful artistic grandmother Lee Daniels introduced it to me and my sister over this last weekend and I can't stop thinking about making little wooly creations. I'm completely obsessed.

I mean, have you seen this stuff? Here's one of my favorites by flightofheart on etsy:

Life-sized american kestrel doll?? Too amazing.

Or how about this dragon by AliceFelts:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I'm pretty sure I NEED this dragon. I'd be honor bound to buy it if there was a little more color, but the detail work on this is stunning.

And lastly MarchHareCreations with the most awesome griffin plush:

Needless (needle-less?) to say I went ahead and ordered a starter kit of assorted felting needles and some delicious wool ASAP! Anyone else looking for a great website to order from, I like Felt Alive personally. Even though the website is a little...shall we say 90's chic? She has wonderful prices and a great selection.

Anyway, my wool and tools aren't here yet but expect to see lots of felting experiments on the instagram feed (leesmenagerie) and the tumblr (Creatures of Lee's Menagerie) hopefully this weekend. I'm thinking....pokemon. Lots of mini-pokemon dolls for practice.

Faithfully Yours,
Stefani Lee



No comments:

Post a Comment